As doulas, we help you feel confident, prepared and empowered about your birth
As doulas, we help you prepare for all aspects of your birth. We are a non-judgmental source of information that helps you navigate the overload of information available to moms-to-be. We discuss any fears that you might have, what your perfect birth looks like and any other questions you might have. Prenatal visits include:
- Discussing your birth preferences: We either review your birth plan or build one with you, so that we are familiar with your choices. This allows you time to go through the pros and cons of each decision and decide what is most important to you.
- Determining what is important for you and your birth partner: Are there specific things you’d like to have at your birth? A playlist, an essential oil, pictures you’d like to have around the room? We help to make sure this happens.
- Review and practice comfort measures: We go through any comfort measures that you intend to use, practice them and provide tips for you and your partner. We also suggest other comfort measures that you haven’t tried to bolster your toolbox.
- Preparing to welcome baby: Review baby sleeping situation, infant safety, essential (and not essential) baby supplies. This gives you an opportunity to voice any questions or concerns you might have.
- Answer any questions about newborn care: Help you determine what is normal infant behaviour, plus tips and tricks on newborn care.
We help you and your birth partner feel confident and prepared, so you can look forward to a joyous and empowering birth experience.
“Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear”