The weeks after birth are both magical and hectic. Support at this time is critical to get both mom and baby working well as a team. We work with you and your birth partner to:
- Ensure that you are getting appropriate nutrition: providing quick, easy and nutritious meal ideas, as well as useful snacks to have on hand.
- Guidance with breastfeeding: how recognize the signs that your little one is hungry before they start to cry, assisting in achieving and maintaining a good latch, and tips and tricks to maintain successful and pain free breastfeeding.
- Introducing appropriate physical activity after birth: when and how to start introducing physical activity, and what types are best for you.
- Review your birth experience: discuss your feelings about the overall experience and answer any questions you may have regarding your birth.
- Answer any questions about newborn care: Help you determine what is normal infant behaviour, plus tips and tricks on newborn care.
“A woman is the full circle, within her is the power- to create, nurture, and transform”
– Diane Mariechild